GUIDELINES TO PURCHASE AN ACTUATOR
Consider these variables when purchasing your actuators.
- Consider the motion profile. This will determine your need on minimum and maximum speed requirements.
- Load calculation. It is important to consider different components like friction load, inertial load, the external applied load and others. Note: calculations will also depend on the orientation of the actuator.
- Duty Cycle. The efficiency and maintenance of the actuator will depend on how divided the operating cycle and the resting cycle of the apparatus.
- The actuator’s precision should meet or exceed the application’s requirements for accuracy, backlash, and straightness and flatness of linear motion. This directly impacts the cost of the system;
- Select the proper configuration for the actuator in the final design. This includes mounting considerations and the need for any other external components, such as holding brakes and communication and power cables.
- Consider the operating environment for the actuator. What are the temperature requirements? Are there any contaminants such as water, oil or abrasive chemicals?
If you are unsure about the right specs, call our Service Team, we can assess your needs and offer you a complete solution for your equipment requirements.
Leave A Comment